Door-to-Door Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program
Many residents have received the post card in the mail from Rethinkwaste (http://rethinkwaste.org/) about the Door-to-Door Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program operated by Waste Management ending on December 31, 2016 for all residents in the RethinkWaste service area.
Management's At Your Door Special Collection ending on December 31, 2016 for all residents in the RethinkWaste service area. The RethinkWaste service area includes the Towns of Atherton and Hillsborough, and the Cities of Belmont, Burlingame, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos and San Mateo, County of San Mateo areas: North Fair Oaks, Unincorporated Franchised Area (County Franchised Area): Burlingame Hills, San Mateo Highlands and Baywood Park (Crystal Springs area of Baywood Park), Harbor Industrial, Devonshire Canyon, Palomar Park, Oak Knoll, Kensington Square, Emerald Lake Hills, Sequoia Tract, Peninsula Golf Club, and Trailer Rancho and West Bay Sanitary District.
In some service areas of the SBWMA (Rethinkwaste) has informed the jurisdictions that the WM At Your Door appointments may have already been filled through the end of the year. Here are some other options listed below for you to recycle your Household Hazardous Waste if you were not able to schedule an WM AT Your Door appointment.
Here are some options for safely recycling your Household Hazardous Waste:
- You can contact the County Tower Road Household Hazardous Waste Facility (In Unincorporated San Mateo County by Highways 92 and 280). This facility is open year round on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (except holidays). Appointments can be easily made online at http://www.smchealth.org/hhw (650)-363-4718.
- There are also six-(6) Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Events Scheduled for the Spring of 2017 at the following cities:
- January 28, 2017 - Redwood City
- February 25, 2017 - East Palo Alto
- March 25, 2017 - Redwood City
- April 8, 2017 - Menlo Park
- April 29, 2017 - Redwood City
- May 13, 2017 - East Palo Alto
Contact the County Household Hazardous Waste Program for more information at (650) 363-4718 or view their website at http://www.smchealth.org/hhw